- Set up as a joint initiative between Energy and Utilities Alliance (EUA), Energy UK, British Electrotechnical and Allied Manufacturers’ Association (BEAMA) and the Community of Meter Asset Providers (CMAP).
- The Smart Energy Code Company (SECCo) was established as a corporate vehicle to assist the SEC Panel in exercising its powers, duties, and functions.
- The SEC Panel is responsible for managing the Smart Energy Code (SEC). Its prime objectives are to ensure that the SEC is managed in a way that is efficient, fair, and does not discriminate between Parties or classes of Parties.
- The financial and commercial decision-making body for the SMDA scheme.
- The SMDA Sub-Committee manages the SMDA Scheme efficiently and in accordance with its objective of providing assurance of the interoperability and interchangeability of smart meter Devices and;
- Oversees the development of potential changes to the test specifications and test scripts, as well as providing a decision making body for all technical aspects and testing process issues relating to the SMDA Scheme.
SMDA Scheme Operator
- Gemserv is the SMDA Scheme Operator.
SMDA Test House
- Critical Software Technologies.
- Energy Suppliers, Manufacturers and Meter Asset Providers. Member Suppliers and Meter Asset Providers will typically benefit from access to information that supports regulatory or commercial requirements to install interoperable and interchangeable devices.
- May submit devices to the SMDA scheme for assurance. Members and non-members may submit devices for assurance.
SMDA Sub-Committee Membership
The SMDA Sub-Committee consists of Supplier, MAP, Manufacturer and Network Party representatives. It is made up of 11 members. The current members of the SMDA Sub-Committee are:
|Horizon Energy Infrastructure
|Landis + Gyr
|Energy Network Association