- Set up as a joint initiative between Energy and Utilities Alliance (EUA), Energy UK, British Electrotechnical and Allied Manufacturers’ Association (BEAMA) and the Community of Meter Asset Providers (CMAP).
- The Smart Energy Code Company (SECCo) was established as a corporate vehicle to assist the SEC Panel in exercising its powers, duties, and functions.
- The SEC Panel is responsible for managing the Smart Energy Code (SEC). Its prime objectives are to ensure that the SEC is managed in a way that is efficient, fair, and does not discriminate between Parties or classes of Parties.
- The financial and commercial decision-making body for the SMDA scheme.
- Company limited by guarantee
- The decision-making body for the SMDA scheme and represents the SMDA Company’s founding members.
- Oversees the scheme and the testing regime managed by the SMDA Scheme Operator.
SMDA Management Panel Sub-Group
- The decision support group consisting of representatives from the founding members.
SMDA Scheme Operator
- Gemserv is the SMDA Scheme Operator.
SMDA Test House
- Critical Software Technologies.
- Energy Suppliers, Manufacturers and Meter Asset Providers. Member Suppliers and Meter Asset Providers will typically benefit from access to information that supports regulatory or commercial requirements to install interoperable and interchangeable devices.
- May submit devices to the SMDA scheme for assurance. Members and non-members may submit devices for assurance.
SMDA Sub-Committee Membership
The SMDA Sub-Committee is jointly operated by SSE, EDF Energy, EUA, BEAMA and Foresight Metering. It is made up of five members – each of the five companies are responsible for appointing their Board representative internally. The current members of the Board are:
- Martin Bell (EDF Energy)
- Martin Hanley (SSE)
- Terry Jefferson (EUA)
- Andrew Willman (BEAMA)
- Carmen Strickland (Horizon Energy Infrastructure)